Spring Water Damage Prevention Tips
Spring is officially sprung in full force! With the warmer weather and longer days, you’re likely thinking ahead to fun times with family and friends. Amongst the excitement and planning, it can be easy to forget about areas around your Clegg NC home that may need attention.
Sources of Spring Water Damage
And that means that if your pipes aren’t sound, there could also be water in your basement or other interiors of your home.
- Faulty pipes
- Poor rain drainage
- Sump pump failure
- Appliance malfunctions
- And more!
How to Prevent Spring Water Damage
Water – whether it’s a seemingly small spill or a major overflow, it can equate to major damages to your home.
- Do not leave leaks to chance. Fix them quickly and properly.
- Never wait to call for help. These issues do not fix themselves.
- Test your sump pump periodically. This task should be completed at minimum, once a year, but more frequently during stretches of stormy weather.
- Clear and clean out your gutters twice a year. Debris can lead to a build up of standing water that could erode the gutters and damage the roof. Secure and direct downspouts away from the foundation of your home.
- Replace old washing machine hoses. Old, word hoses become brittle and spell disaster for your home.
- Use a water pressure gauge from the hardware store to test your water pressure. Excessively high water pressure can cause pipes to burst.
- Keep a close eye on your water utility bill. While you may be unaware of a leak, sudden spikes in the bill can make the problem evident.
Call a Professional at the First Signs of Damage
Calling an expert water restoration company at the first signs of damage minimize your expenses in the long term. Even the newest and best prepared homes experience water damage. The key is preventing it. Call the team at Professional Restoration Services today for water extraction, structural drying, and dehumidifying. We have the experience and equipment to handle situations both big and small.